Occidental Petroleum Development Facilities Engineer in Houston, Texas
Title: Development Facilities Engineer Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Facilities Engineer within our Permian Resources group based in Houston, TX.
The Field Development (FDP) Facilities Engineer (FE) role is responsible for creating long-term field development plans for a specified asset within the Permian Resources New Mexico portfolio. The FDP Engineer will work with the FDP Reservoir Engineers to understand the resource potential in the ground and interpret the infrastructure requirements on surface to bring those hydrocarbons to market to maximize value over the life of the field. The FDP FE will interface with the Asset Facilities Engineering, Operations, Midstream, Utility, and Regulatory teams to understand current capacities, constraints and requirements to optimize future infrastructure designs. The FDP FE will work on a multi-disciplinary team with Reservoir and Production Engineers to generate cost estimates, permits, and engineering designs necessary to execute the field development plan. The Field Development Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for framing multiple development scenarios and associated economics, reserves, and potential risk in production and cash flow, and formulate alternate contingency plans to respond to actual well performance. The Field Development Reservoir Engineer will report to the Development Manager.
• Initiate coordination and preliminary scoping of (Facilities) projects with interdisciplinary team (including but not limited to automation and electrical, regulatory, operations, subsurface engineering, etc)
• Initiation of long lead material requisitions and permit requests, such as Application for Permit to Drill (APD) Facilities Package, various air permits, ROWs, and others
• Development of an infrastructure plan to include fluid sourcing and sales contracts, system capacity information, project cost and timing, and optionality for plan changes
• Generate Block Flow and Facility Layout diagrams for overall infrastructure
• Understand project management and execution process to facilitate and lead continuous project handover process to the construction teams
• Work closely with Asset Facilities Engineering and Operations teams to understand existing capacities and bottlenecks for baseline assessments and future upgrades
• Understand the life cycle of field infrastructure and maximize value
• Sound understanding of the differences between well economics, project economics vs field economics
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering.
Professional/Technical Knowledge: A strong working knowledge of field development planning and business acumen.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in facilities engineering preferred.
• Collaborative (excellent communication skills along with the desire to reach out and engage other teams to achieve objectives, manages conflict as it arises, and leverages the network)
• Creative (strive for significant and continuous improvement)
• Results Oriented (driven for value added results in self and in others)
• Proactive (self-starter, strong decision skills relying on experience balanced with data and interpretations)
• Accountable (committed to short term and long term expectations)
• Risk Taking (take appropriate risks in order to advance while also learning from those failures)
• Working knowledge of operations (an understanding of oil and gas surface facilities and workover equipment, maintenance practices, data workflows and regulatory requirements).
• Project Management (an ability to assess existing and required resources to prioritize and bring to completion multiple concurrent projects).
• Understanding of a variety of types of Land/Lease requirements and details
• Scenario Planning experience
• Presentation Skills
• Communication/Interpersonal Skills
• Able to network between disciplines
• Ability to integrate business and technical judgement
• Proficiency in the following:
o AutoCAD and/or Microsoft Visio
o Microsoft Project
o GoogleEarth (or ArcGIS)
o Pipeline modelling tools (such as PipeSim)
o Basic understanding of SQL
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status