Occidental Petroleum Engineer Regulatory in Houston, Texas
Title: Engineer Regulatory Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Regulatory Engineer within our Permian group based in Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
Provide technical guidance to the organization to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements related to surface commingling, inactive wells, well testing/reporting, completion/recompletion/workover reporting and timely resolution of compliance issues.
Work with facilities and operations and regulatory agencies to submit accurate and complete surface commingling applications.
• Work closely with engineering and operations to communicate and find solutions to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Communicate regulatory requirements and technical solutions on drilling, completion, recompletion, plugging, commingling and inactive wells.
• Be the regulatory compliance subject matter expert and point of contact for field operations.
• Develop rule compliance training for engineering and operations.
• Work closely with regulatory agencies to assure compliance goals are met.
• Participate in due diligence reviews and facilitate regulatory reporting related to the acquisition and divestiture of properties.
• Organize and participate in regulatory hearings.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of state (New Mexico and Texas) and federal Oil and Gas regulations and statutes
• 3 years working knowledge of oil and gas drilling, field operations and surface facilities
• Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-task, customer focused environment
• Good organization and time management skills
• Strong ethics, service attitude, team player
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Professional Engineer Registration
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Open Wells, LOWIS
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status