Occidental Petroleum Engineering Specialist in Houston, Texas
Title: Engineering Specialist Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Engineering Specialist within our Permian EOR Data Management group in Houston, TX.
In a timely manner provide quality data, information, and analysis that meets the requirements of the engineering, geoscience, operations and management staff allowing them to make the best business decisions. Work as part of a data management team to ensure consistent practices and high quality data and information.
• Provide data, information, and technical support to engineering, geoscience, operations and management staff.
• Create tools to screen and analyze data, generate plots, build scorecards and presentations from a variety of sources.
• Take ownership for data quality and ensure consistent data processes and sources are used across the business.
• Input, maintain, extract, and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and technical data.
• Perform analysis and trend to identify anomalies in data; high level of ability to routinely QA/QC work product.
• Ensure data anomalies are corrected in the source system.
• Recognize and resolve data issues.
• Maintain pattern configurations and specialized views from standard tables.
• Maintain well files & data books with respect to current well work.
• Provide training, best practices sharing, and mentoring to others, as needed.
Bachelor Degree or Associate degree with Oil Industry Experience (5 Years) or 10 years working as an Engineering Tech.
Proficient at extracting, manipulating, quality checking, and analysing data (Access, SQL, Excel, OFM, and Spotfire). General working knowledge of company databases and the general flow of data from capture (LOWIS, eVin) to allocation system (TOW) to financials (Oracle) to surveillance tools (OFM).
Minimum 5 years of applicable industry experience.
Skills & Competencies:
• Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and analyzing data (Access, Excel and Spotfire)
• Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results.
• Ensures high quality data is available for the decision-making processes.
• Can work with minimum of supervision, self-motivated.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
• Seeks out creative and innovative solutions. Brings new ideas to the team that adds value.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to comfortably handle change, priorities, risk and uncertainty.
• Ability to break down work into the process steps, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
• Practices active listening.
• Basic understanding of oil and gas operations.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status