Bank of America Java Developer - Emerging Markets in Houston, Texas
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of the next generation eTrading platform for the Emerging Markets business. The initial focus will be sovereign bonds and IRS (both d2d and d2c). The project will evolve to cover other asset classes as part of a cross-line-of-business strategic initiative. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of the software development life cycle and will have daily interaction with traders, quants and senior stakeholders.
• Software Engineering or Computer Science - 2:1 or higher.
• Extensive experience of distributed, multi-threaded system development in Java (Java 1.8 preferred).
• Experience of industry standard Continuous Integration and automated testing tools.
• Experience of KDB is desirable.
• An appetite to work on a high profile project in a fast paced delivery focused environment with exposure to senior business sponsors.
• Sound knowledge of software engineering design patterns and practices.
• Strategic Thinking: Innovation & Creativity
• Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution
• Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, energy and drive, courage and character
Posting Date : 05/16/2018
Houston, TX, 20 GREENWAY PLZ (TX6020),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.