HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Technician (CNA) Emergency Room in Houston, Texas
_The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX_
*Nurse Technician - Emergency Room*
*Shift: FT Nights*
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is currently looking for aNurse Technician - *_Emergency Room*_
- Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist patients with activities of daily living using appropriate standards and safety measures.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Keeps the Registered Nurse informed of any changes in Patient status.
- Responds to patients’ needs and requests appropriately.
- Assists with patient transfers and ensures that all patients’ belongings are moved safely.
- Practices Safety measures when transferring patients
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Registered Nurse; Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager
_Position Requirements:_ * Nursing Assistant Certification * BLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider * Patient care experience in a hospital setting required
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nurse Technician (CNA) Emergency Room
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 00162-88195