HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Technician (CNA) PRN Intermediate Medical Unit in Houston, Texas
_West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX_ /An HCA Affiliated Hospital/
West Houston Medical Centerhas been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Currently recruiting for: _Nurse Tech_for the _*IMCU* *_*
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, Medical Surgical Unit, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant provides a variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS
- Demonstrates proficiency in taking vital signs (TPR, B/P), able to take B/P manually as well as with electronic B/P machine
- Demonstrates knowledge of operation of patient related equipment
- Observes and communicates pertinent information regarding patient care problems and concerns to assigned R.N./Charge Nurse
- Attends and actively participates in unit meetings
- Practices hospital infection control policies
- Uses job knowledge and proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Keeps informed of various changes and concerns through use of Meditech, unit-based communication binders, etc.
- Follows fall precaution protocol
- Completes other duties assigned
- Adheres the Customer Service Principles of West Houston Medical Center
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS * Displays a positive attitude * Courteous manner on a daily basis while performing job duties * Displays customer service orientation when providing care and services * Serves as a role model to peers when demonstrating desirable work habits by creating an atmosphere of pride in workmanship * Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and policies * Accepts constructive criticism and profits by translating it into positive action
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: * previous experience in hospital/nursing home patient care setting preferred
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant in Texas
- Current Healthcare BLS from the American Heart Association.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nurse Technician (CNA) PRN Intermediate Medical Unit
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-90313