Occidental Petroleum Reservoir Engineer in Houston, Texas
Title: Reservoir Engineer Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Reservoir Engineer within our Permian Resources TX Delaware group based in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will be a contributing member of the multi-disciplinary organization. This key Reservoir Engineering position provides input into capital development and operational decisions and is expected to provide technically sound engineering analysis supported by economics.
Primary job duties directly involve identification, justification, and implementation of reserves-bearing opportunities. Potential projects include development and exploration drilling projects, expansion opportunities, production enhancement identification, and workovers. Other responsibilities include short and long term production forecasting, reserves estimation and reporting, and support of annual budget and planning cycles.
The successful candidate will be responsible for championing projects through proposal and approval processes. As such, superior organization and verbal / written communication skills are essential. Work will entail cooperatively working projects in conjunction with other engineering disciplines, geologists and land personnel.
• Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline
• Minimum 8 years reservoir engineering experience
• Proficiency in reservoir management and development practices including material balance, field development planning, reservoir surveillance, reservoir performance modeling and production forecasting
• Superior technical presentation and writing skills
• Broad understanding of practical petroleum economic theory (PEEP experience preferred)
• Demonstrated results in improving the profitability of oil and gas fields using reservoir analysis
• Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques
• Proficiency in analyzing pressure transient and fluid property data
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Previous shale experience is a plus
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status