IBM Senior Managing Consultant, Payments Solution Architect in Houston, Texas
IBM partners with business leaders to re-imagine their future.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated Technology Strategy Consultants to join our fast-growing Digital Strategy & Interactive practice within IBM Services. You will be part of a creative team of strategy consultants that help CEOs and the broader C-suite rethink their businesses and develop strategies that drive growth.
You will help senior executives determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and new technologies. A successful candidate will have experience consulting to large enterprises on Payments & Technology Strategy.
You will ask bold questions, use analytics to find unique opportunities and help our clients think differently. You will develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized. You will design strategies through a digital lens and bring to bear the vast range of capabilities within IBM to help our clients succeed. As a Senior Managing Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants.
• Supporting business development activities such as proposal development.
• Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice by supporting thought leadership and practice development activities
• Being part of a team that helps our clients build a new vision for their company.
• Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
• Promoting IBM's unique value proposition in the market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 8 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience)
• 4 years of industry experience in Banking & Payments (Real-Time Payments, ACH, Check, Wires, SWIFT, etc.)
• 4 years working for a strategy consulting firm developing business strategies and business architecture for clients and leading strategy engagements or equivalent experience, preferably in payments (Tech Strategy, Enterprise Architects who focus on business architecture)
• Expert in Financial Transaction Manager (FTM) or other payment processing systems / infrastructure hubs
• Deep expertise working with IBM products such as IIB, WTX and MQ.
• Familiarity with Payments messaging standards (NACHA, ISO 20022, SWIFT, etc.)
• 1 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Earned a Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
• Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
Fluent in English
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.