IBM Services Specialist, Analyst Relations, Cloud/Resiliency/Networking in Houston, Texas
IBM is looking for a Services Specialist, Analyst Relations, with strong experience with IT Services offerings, particularly integration resiliency services, networking services and cloud services to increase mindshare, shape strategy and influence decision makers as part of the world’s largest provider of infrastructure services, IBM Services.
This role sits inside of Analyst Relations and supports the IBM Services Business unit which represents $70B in annual revenue.
The Analyst Relations specialist needs a deep understanding of the Services business and clients’ digital transformation from traditional infrastructure environments to highly resilient multi-cloud technologies. Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams is critical, with a wide range of technical backgrounds, from offering managers to marketers and delivery and solution engineers. This person needs to be an excellent communicator with the ability to discuss IBM delivery, strategy and differentiators to the influencer community.
Strong experience managing competitive reports is necessary, with project management skills through the entire life cycle of a report. This requires a strong collaborator and team player who is proficient in both persuasive and technical writing, while aiming to influence analyst positioning of key services capabilities. Writing with precision and attention to detail is paramount, with the ability to succinctly highlight competitive differentiation.
This role requires the ability to work on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously, strong analytical skills and experience evaluating quantitative and qualitative research in the tech sector. This candidate must also enjoy building relationships with technical industry influencers and internal stakeholders.
• Develop, manage and execute a targeted IBM Services Analyst Relations plan that you create in collaboration with your Services stakeholders in the key areas of resiliency and networking services, as well as public and private cloud. This plan will be executed for the influencer/analyst community. You will educate the most influential industry analysts, influencers and bloggers, etc. who are speaking to existing or prospective IBM customers, key global media and financial constituents;
• Embed inside the Services business unit to improve analyst/influencer perceptions and relationships year-over-year. Bring strategic ideas back to the business unit.
• Ensure key IBM Services are positively highlighted against competitors; shape the positive perception of key IBM Services capabilities and the value it brings to clients.
• Respond to 50 competitive technical reports per year placing IBM Services in the greatest light.
• Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments for IBM Services; share relevant analyst and influencer research implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
• Connect key IBM executives with expert analysts/influencers for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy.
• Develop a “Rolodex” of key influencers worldwide weighing the most important influencers.
• Collaborate with colleagues in Communications. Marketing, Sales, Offering Management, Legal and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is getting the best representation with the analyst/influencer community.
• Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively evaluating and considering IBM offerings.
• Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers.
Technical understanding of the digital transformation space with a focus on resiliency services, cloud services and networking services.
Excellent communicator, quick learner, collaborative, analytical, persistent, open and curious.
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% for face-to-face meetings with executives and key analysts and influencers.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience and/or an understanding of digital transformation which would involve implementing public and private cloud services for clients.
• Experience in implementing resiliency solutions or networking services for clients from a services perspective.
• Experience working in or covering the high tech industry, specifically in cloud, resiliency and/or networking services.
• 10+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area, such as: analyst relations, strategy, M&A, market research, consulting, product management, communications or other roles.
• Experience being part of a team that has introduced and launched a product from conception to commercialization.
• Experience providing counsel and guidance to senior management regarding the competitive landscape and analyst outlook.
• Prefer candidates have the tenacity, determination and savviness to manage and shape differing views.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Advanced Degree in the Engineering/Sciences, Math, Computer Science and/or MBA Strategy
• Experience as a senior analyst at a leading industry or equity research firm in area of emerging technologies.
• Existing relationships with leading industry analysts/influencers in emerging technologies space
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.