HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker in Houston, Texas
_Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas_
_Social Worker– Case Management _
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center offering 423 licensed beds has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women’s services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston North West Medical Center operates two urgent care centers
Houston Northwest Medical Centeris currently accepting applications for Social Worker– Case Management.
- Under the direct supervision of the Case Management Director, collaborates with the Case Management Manager and with hospital personnel to ensure continuity of care and effective communication of activities with emphasis on coordination of resource management activities.
- In collaboration with the Case Management Manger implements policies and procedures to accomplish the mission and objectives for social work.
- Participates in activities with community agencies, organizations, or groups to promote knowledge of the availability of social work services and opportunities for the health care consumer.
- Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Education BSW or MSW
*Required Education qualifications include * BSW or MSW based on license requirements of the state in which the Hospital operates. MSW or LCSW preferred. Certified/Accredited Case Manager (ACM) preferred
Required License/Certification LMSW, LBSW or LCSW , CCM preferred
Training and Experience Must complete and demonstrate competency in using the Case Management documentation system within 30 days of hire. Attendance at hospital and department orientation is required. Department orientation includes review and instruction regarding Case Management and Compliance policies, Transition Management, and other topics specific to case management.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker
Location: Texas-Houston-Houston Northwest Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26920-93051