Occidental Petroleum Specialist Regulatory in Houston, Texas
Title: Specialist Regulatory Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Regulatory Specialist within our Permian group based in Houston, Texas.
• Manage all regulatory and permitting (Federal, State and Local) associated with drilling and operations of wells for assigned teams in New Mexico and Texas.
• Complete and submit drilling, completion, recompletion, plugging, surface commingling and injection well applications.
• Provide guidance to teams on local, state and federal permitting and operating requirements to ensure compliance.
• Work with various teams and business units to resolve operation and production-related compliance issues, including inactive well compliance.
• Develop business relationships with professionals at regulatory agencies to ensure knowledge of the rules and compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Oil and gas related experience or demonstrated knowledge of the industry
• Regulatory and compliance experience
• Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and internet applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-task, customer service environment
• Good organization and time management skills
• Strong ethics, service attitude, team player
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Open Wells, LOWIS
• Public speaking
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status