Occidental Petroleum Sr Reservoir Engineer in Houston, Texas
Title: Sr Reservoir Engineer Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Oxy Permian is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Sr. Reservoir Engineer with our Permian EOR Business Unit based in Houston, Texas. The Sr. Reservoir Engineer in cooperation with geoscientists, and other engineers is responsible for developing, justifying, and implementing field development plans. Regular interaction and communication with Sr. Management concerning reserves bookings, new drill locations, workovers, recompletions and flood optimization opportunities is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify, justify and implement economic development opportunities.
• Lead surveillance efforts to optimize base reservoir performance.
• Assess and defend annual reserves booking.
• Mentoring and training of less experienced staff.
• Support technical justifications to enhance asset development and business plans.
• BS or higher degree in Reservoir Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• 4 years experience with an oil and gas production company
• Experience and demonstrated accomplishments in pattern waterflood operations highly desirable. Multi-functional experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of field development, reservoir management, IOR/EOR, reserves assessment, and production operations.
• Proven record of accomplishment in one or more of these areas: supplemental recovery processes, well/reservoir management, flood surveillance, field operations, and balancing operational activity with costs.
• Good business acumen with demonstrable understanding of economic analysis, risk assessment, and value capture.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work in multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to take action to accomplish goals.
• Prior experience with miscible gas or CO2 flooding a plus.
• Familiarity with carbonate geology and typical completion and artificial lift methods is also a plus.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status