HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician - Operating Room in Houston, Texas
_Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center – Cypress, Texas_
_Surgical Technician – Surgery_
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, you’ll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the community’s needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center* is currently looking for aSurgical Technician – Surgery.
_Responsibilities:_ _ _ * The Operating Room Surgical Scrub Technician working in this position assures a safe and therapeutic environment for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures. * Responsible for implementing and evaluating the care for assigned patients. * Responsible for meeting AORN Standards of Practice for the Operating Room. * Responsible for participating in care. * Appropriately carries out scrub activities during procedures to ensure medical and surgical asepsis and safety of patient. * Assists in cleaning of rooms between cases and at the end of the schedule. Assists in lifting and transporting patients, as needed. * Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization and/or disinfection of equipment. Assists in preparation and aftercare of equipment and supplies. * Maintains supplies as needed. Accountable for maintaining and improving own job knowledge and skills. * Works closely with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families.
- CST licensure through NBSTSA or NCCT unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist).
- Graduate of an accredited institution (CAAHEP or ABHES) or complete a training program through one of the branches of the armed forces unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist).
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated current clinical competence, as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic techniques
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgical Technician - Operating Room
Location: Texas-Houston-Cypress Fairbanks Medical Ctr
Requisition ID: 26915-91605