HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President, Operations in Houston, Texas
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Vice President of Operations to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
No matter who she is or what her own healthcare needs are,The Woman’s Hospital of Texasis here to put her first. We believe that every woman deserves to be treated as an individual with the best understanding, compassion, and support for who she is at every stage of life.
As the first facility in Texas dedicated to the health of women and newborns, we offer outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, pediatrics, minimally-invasive surgery, and so much more. As a member of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive healthcare provider in the region, we are a part of a network that delivers stronger, smarter and more accessible care to women than any other medical system across the Houston area.
Woman is in our name and our care philosophy — now and always.
The role of theVP of Operationsis to plan, execute and finalize projects according to the facility’s strategic plan. This includes acquiring resources and collaboration of team members to successfully coordinate assigned projects. As a member of the management team, she/he participates in institutional planning, policy development, priority setting and management decisions. Will have full operational responsibilities for departments assigned by supervising executive.
Drives operations by: • Working with the Administrative Team to respond to Division and Group requests for market/facility information.
• Collaborating with the Administrative Team and physicians to enhance existing or develop new opportunities for services.
• Providing administrative and operational leadership for assigned departments.
• Ensuring the application of Customer Service principles in meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers to provide satisfaction.
• Managing fiscal operation of assigned departments using the budget as a guideline for revenue and expense analysis on an ongoing basis to determine potential variances and make adjustments where necessary.
• Managing operations of assigned departments to achieve targets for designated Key Performance Indicators
• Developing new processes or services which includes, when appropriate, business and financial justification.
• Developing and updating department goals consistent with the facility’s strategic business plan, mission and vision.
• Meeting leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance Program.
• Building strong relationships with physicians, employees, and peers
• Utilizing HCA tools to help with management of responsibilities (PLUS, CERs, CAMS Projects, Lawson, etc.)
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Leading team, unit and others through a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and approach to roles and responsibilities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience: •Master's degree Business Administration or Healthcare Administration Required
•2 years of experience in hospital leadership role. Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
* * Licenses, Certifications, & Training: •N/A
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:* • Analytical skills to develop, coordinate and facilitate strategic projects. Required
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards. Required
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent customer service, especially by responding to customers' questions and needs in a timely and efficient manner and to work cooperatively with other employees/departments. Required
• Demonstrated customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Required
• Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, and customer service. Required
• Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities. Required
• Skill in communicating information in an open and sincere manner that promotes credibility (e.g. honest answers to tough questions). Required
• Skill in creating an energetic and enthusiastic work environment where people have positive attitudes about their work. Required
• Skill in preparing reports, manuals, or other documents that contain complex information and are intended to be read by others without a technical background. Required
• Spends time out of the office meeting with patients, physicians, employees and team Required
• Willingness to be proactive and work at connecting with and building cooperative relationships with others. Required
Title: Vice President, Operations
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 00162-107440