IBM Z DevOps SWAT Technical Specialist in Houston, Texas
As a Z DevOps SWAT Technical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for building and maintaining pre and post-sales relationships with IBM’s mainframe customers to ensure the successful sale and use of IBM’s DevOps solutions. In this role, the individual:
• Works with the assigned SWAT Team seller(s) to support strategic Z DevOps opportunities in geo
• Owns all technical aspects of the sale including demos, PoC, etc. including helping to solution customer MVP iterations and technology roadmaps resulting from discussions
• Is responsible for collaborating with the overall team for pipeline building
• Works with the account team to support the execution of DevOps workshops
• Works with geo technical sellers to coordinate activities
• Brings in the right technical skills where needed to support the selling and technical validation process as well as deployment transitioning
• Works with customers and IBM team to define a deployment architecture and plan as well as participate in transition to services
• Provides feedback to Offering Management
Position can be located anywhere in the USA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
z/OS experience including CICS, IMS, etc
• Experienced in mainframe application development and processes
• Experience in a presales role
• Familiarity with the key System z programing languages (COBOL / Pl1 / Assembler)
• Familiarity with DevOps, especially mainframe DevOps
• An extensive background in mainframe development processes, with an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices.
• Willing to travel as needed
• Knowledge of the z/OS market, customers and vendors
• Degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with migrations from legacy Mainframe development environments to modern environments will be a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.