HCA, Hospital Corporation of America FNS Clerk PRN in Hudson, Florida
Contributes to patient/customer satisfaction and ensures accurately prepared meals by:
* Visiting, interviewing and documenting assigned patient food preferences within 24 hours of diet order.
* Prepares all patient menus according to prescribed diet with audit results of 95% accuracy.
* Maintains and updates cardex files on all patients, listing pertinent patient identification information, prescribed diet etc.
* Ensure pattern cards are perpared for patients with diabetes ot renal disease based upon patient's normal eating habits and throughconsulting/ conferring with the dietitians.
* Maintains effective communication with patient and family. Ensures patients are informed of additional food item availability.
* Maintains proactive and effective communication with dietary team; communicates patient nutritional and food service concerns to the dietician and or manager as appropriate.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or an unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which results in patient harm.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- High School Diploma/GEDpreferred.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets preferred.
- 1-2 years experience as a Diet Tech strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Strong customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: FNS Clerk PRN
Location: Florida-Hudson-Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point - Hudson
Requisition ID: 00311-8388