HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Staff Services Coordinator in Hudson, Florida
Responsible for the credentialing process including but not limited to: processing and assembly of applications for the Medical Staff/Allied Health Professional Staff in accordance with The Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory guidelines prior to review by department Chairs; coordination of DHP application upon receipt from Parallon, assist as a recording secretary for Credentials, Executive and other medical staff committees in the absence of Director, maintains Physician and Allied Health Roster and updates meeting Attendance database for Medical Staff meetings; coordinates medical staff subcommittees meeting and act as a recording secretary, responsible for screening physicians and non-staff providers against the OIG/GSA reports; scheduled and ad hoc reports for Department Director; assist with maintenance of the medical staff ER Call schedule in the absence of the Director MSO and review and follow-up on medical staff correspondence ,maintenance of Physician Dictionary in Meditech,entry to ESAF application, and Cactus application with timely privileges updates, and updating of Medical Record Suspension event within Cactus on a daily basis and notification. Collaborate with the Centralized Processing Center towards the completion of applications, follow-up on failure to comply notifications, and expirables etc.
* Evaluates role as Credentialing Specialist and identifies, develops, and implements improvements so as to continually meet the needs of the Medical Staff Services Department, Administration and the Medical Staff.
* Interacts positively with all levels of management and staff to ensure that the goals of the department and facility are met.
* Strives to maintain and implement processes that are efficient, effective and organized for the hospital leadership, the medical staff, and the Quality Management and Medical Staff Services Department.
* Responsibilities include maintaining an efficient and effective Medical Staff credentialing system to credential physicians, AHPs and Healthcare Industry Representatives (HCIR)s.
* Works in conjunction with the Director of Medical Staff Services to determine the information management needs for medical staff functions and the facility. Actively participates in action plans to meet the identified needs.Generates full documentation for initial requests and follow-up requests in a timely manner for all appointment documentation.
* Reviews credentialing information for completeness and calls any credentialing issues to the attention of the Director of Medical Staff Services * Performs duties that include but are not limited to: answering the telephone, taking messages, sorting and delivery of mail, greet visitors, coordinate and distribute information as needed. * Coordinates and produces reappointment applications on a monthly basis from the Medical Staff data base for the appropriate physicians and mails them no later than 6 months prior to the expiration of the current reappointment. * Performs all other duties including, but not necessarily limited to: typing, filing, and organization of the Medical Staff paperwork * Identifies areas needing improvement and utilizes the facility performance improvement process. Actively participates in department or facility performance improvement processes as requested. * Maintains confidentiality of Physician, AHP and HCIR information relating to credentialing information and other areas. * Maintain and updates physician and AHP database as needed and in conjunction with the Director maintains credentials files. * On a monthly basis verifies physician and AHP current licenses, DEA and malpractice insurance. * Assists the Director of Medical Staff Services as required. * Performs all other assignments as directed (within or not within the same department, but with similar position standards)
- AA/AS degree in healthcare related field preferred
- One to two years experience in a medical staff office preferred. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Previous credentialing and management experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Current Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) with the National Association Medical Staff Services is preferred.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Medical Staff Services Coordinator
Location: Florida-Hudson-Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point - Hudson
Requisition ID: 00311-8163