HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist II PRN in Hudson, Florida
Medical Technologist - *Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point*
Are you looking for advance your career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a PRN position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add a Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results. * Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. * Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods. * Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. * Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. _Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point_
Experience our commitment to compassion and care at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 290-bed facility boasts many awards and accolades, particularly for our nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. Our dedication to patients is reflected in the ongoing recognition of our Centers of Excellence, which include:
Heart & Vascular InstituteAdvanced Certification for Heart FailureChest Pain Center with PCIAdvanced Primary Stroke CenterCancer Care
Located on Florida's West Coast, our suburban location just 45 minutes from Tampa offers a friendly work environment, award winning staff and the opportunity to strengthen your career.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
- This position is PRN working every other weekend evening shift.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.
Title: Medical Technologist II PRN
Location: Florida-Hudson-Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point - Hudson
Requisition ID: 26598-1337