Sinclair Broadcast Group Senior DevOps Engineer in Hunt Valley, Maryland
Sinclair Broadcast Group seeks a motivated and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer
to join the Corporate Information Technology Department. The individual will develop, integrate, and support key enterprise infrastructure solutions.
- Provide DevOps level enterprise-wide support for a diverse infrastructure spanning bare metal, both on/off-prem cloud-based systems, storage infrastructure, and software-defined infrastructure environments
- Development of enterprise management strategy and deployment of tools for baseline, trending, and alerts such as Nagios, Grafana, and Elastic Search(ELK Stack)
- Troubleshoot system issues, automate deployment and response to recurring root causes
- Create and manage system documentation, including configurations and backup/failover procedures setting standards for the rest of the team to follow
- Manage enterprise computing lifecycle, including patches and updates to diverse systems through the establishment of automation and reporting
- Participate in the definition and implementation of system components including new hardware, software, storage, and networking subsystems throughout the enterprise
- Focus on automation through code, CI/CD, Ansible, Terraform, and related methodologies to speed up deployments, resolutions, and increase overall uptime across the enterprise environments
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant systems analysis/support/SRE/Operations experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience directly administering and supporting CentOS-based environments
- 5+ years of relevant experience administering and supporting Windows-based environments
- 10+ years of relevant experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python (3 preferred) and Go.
- At least five years of experience automating IT processes through Ansible/Terraform/Python/Shell Scripting
- Working knowledge of Private Cloud Hypervisors to include VMware cloud stack technologies
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines through Jenkins or Team Foundation Server with associated coding requirements
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools specifically Azure DevOps
- Experience with Ansible and its use to deploy software, patching, system-level configuration, network configuration, and reporting configuration
- Experience with Terraform utilizing the framework as a part of a larger automation process to spin up new instances across multiple clouds
- Experience with stand-alone, converged and hyperconverged infrastructure related to VMware technologies
- Experience with Public Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure) to include design, support, reporting, monitoring, billing
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills both within the existing experience and the ability to adapt to new situations and problems
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions related to systems unfamiliar to individual experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on proactive customer relationship building
- A professional business demeanor and presentation
- Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.