HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Technician in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Psychiatric Technician Full Time Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center - Behavioral Health Center
The Behavioral Health Center is a 74-bed psychiatric hospital in Idaho Falls providing mental-health services. Part of nearby Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, we are located on a separate campus to provide for the patient’s greatest level of privacy, comfort, and individual care. Affiliation with EIRMC gives us access to the most current and comprehensive medical services available in the region.
The Behavioral Health Center provides four separate inpatient programs to ensure that people receive individual care in settings that are appropriate for their needs.
Special Care Adult Program (for adults 18 years and older)
Daybreak Adult Program (for adults 18 years and older)
Teton Peaks Adolescent Residential Treatment (for children ages 12-18)
Adolescent Acute Care Program (for children ages 13-17)
Visit http://eirmc.com/service/behavioral-health for more information
*Position Title: *Mental Health Technician
*Position Type: *
*Work Schedules: *Must be flexible and available to work rotating 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. (12 hour work schedule) and rotating weekends.
The more you available the more hours you get. PRN requirement is that you work one (1) scheduled shift per two week pay period.
*Job Responsibilities: *
*This position is responsible for the general daily care of psychologically or emotionally impaired patients assigned by a Charge Nurse.
*The Psychiatric Technician is responsible for facilitating patient group activities and precepting new employees as assigned by supervisor.
Key words: Psych Tech Behavioral Health Tech Behavioral Health Technician Psychiatric Technician Mental Health
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be pass an Idaho Department of Health & Welfare background.
- An Associate’s degree, or work toward a Bachelor’s degree, in a health care/behavioral science field is preferred. Completion of a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field is desirable.
- Experience as a psychiatric technician, CNA or closely related work field is desirable.
- Knowledge of psychiatric illness, knowledge of group, family and individual behavioral dynamics, and knowledge of training and teaching techniques are useful.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification before starting orientation and completion of all hospital mandatory education and training at assigned times.
- Current First Aid certification or will obtain within 90 days.
- Current certification in Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention. If not certified at time of hire, will obtain certification within 90 days. This position requires that you drive a facility owned vehicle or your own vehicle. A current state of Idaho driver’s license is required. If relocating to Idaho from another state, you must obtain a current Idaho driver’s license within 90 days of making Idaho your permanent state of residence. If you are not a permanent resident of Idaho you must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which you permanently reside. In addition, if you will be driving your own vehicle 2 or more times per week for company related business, documentation of proof of liability insurance must be provided. Liability insurance must have a combined single limit of at least $300,000 or have $100,000/$300,000 coverage split. This position is subject, upon hire and annually, to an MVR report/analysis and driver safety education.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician
Location: Idaho-Idaho Falls-Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00310-40911