HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Idaho Falls, Idaho
People. Performance. Possibilities. * These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here atHCA*, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission/“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”/
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, offering specialty services including cardiovascular surgery, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma, neurosurgery, intensive care for adults and infants, and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
_Implement Business and HR strategy and programs_
- Engage designated leaders (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Directors, etc.) to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations). _Advise leaders on people issues_
- Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COE.
- Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools _Deploy development programs_
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning. _Support Employee & Community engagement_
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts. _Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives_
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues _Execute HR operational excellence_
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
_Experience_ * 7 years of professional HR experience (performance management, change management, engagement, succession planning, retention, etc.) * Strong employee relations background (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues). * Healthcare and/or hospital experience highly preferred. _Education_ * Undergraduate college degree required, Masters highly desired. _Special Qualifications_ * PHR or SPHR preferred _Competencies_ _ _ Strategic Positioner * Interpreting external business content * Decoding customer expectations * Co-crafting a strategic agenda Credible Activist * Earning trust through results * Influencing/relating to others * Improving through self-awareness HR Innovator/Integrator * Building our leadership brand * Improving our human capital through workforce planning and analytics * Developing talent * Shaping organizations & comms practices * Driving performance Technology Proponent * Improving utility of HR operations * Leveraging social media tools * Connecting people through technology Change Champion * Sustaining change Capability Builder * Capitalizing on organizational capability * Aligning strategy, culture, practices & behavior * Creating a meaningful work environment
Job: *HR & Payroll
Title: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Idaho-Idaho Falls-Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26561-4648