HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Student Nurse Apprentice - Part Time in Idaho Falls, Idaho
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
This Student Nurse Apprentice is responsible for providing basic nursing care, communicating and reporting essential information to the Registered Nurse. This position may perform all functions approved by the Board of Nursing for unlicensed assistive personnel as set forth in the rules of the Board of Nursing for the State of Idaho. Responsible for performing activities of daily living, which includes baths, peri-care and oral care. Assists with toileting needs. Obtains and records vital signs, weights, I&Os, pulse oximetry, and blood glucoses, reporting results outside defined parameters to licensed nurses in a timely manner.
In addition, the Student Nurse Apprentice, under the direction of a Registered Nurse may:
· Provide hemovac care.
· Catheterize patients using straight catheter.
· Check for circulation, sensation and movement.
· Change non-sterile/sterile dressings.
· May apply ostomy appliances.
· May discontinue peripheral IV catheter.
· Provide urinary drainage foley catheter care.
· May remove sutures, staples under direct supervision of RN.
· May suction oral, nasal, pharyngeal passages; no tracheal suctioning.
· May administer gastrostomy feedings through an established tube.
· May document interventions and patient’s response to care.
· May assess Homan’s sign under direct supervision of RN.
Certificate from the State Board of Nursing to practice as a Nurse Apprentice.
CPR/BCLS is required on hire.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Student Nurse Apprentice - Part Time
Location: Idaho-Idaho Falls-Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00310-40822