HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Pharmacy - Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, Missouri
Job Summary – Plans, organizes, controls, and supervises activities in hospital pharmacy according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws. Recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration and carries out mutually agreed upon programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
· Establishes quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management.
· Supervises the maintenance and dissemination of drug information through in-service education of hospital personnel, consultation with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
· Actively assists staff pharmacists in the discharge of routing duties as necessary.
· Directs the activities of and provides professional and technical guidance to pharmacy personnel.
· Exercises professional judgment in imparting therapeutic and drug information to patients and health professionals.
· Communicates the Hospital and Mission and Philosophy to department employees and integrates with departmental operations.
· Provides leadership to new program development, implementation and evaluation. Acts as a consultant in areas of expertise.
· Anticipates the needs and issues of customers/suppliers in order to insure effective departmental operations and/or meet their needs.
· Promotes teamwork among staff, peers, physicians, and others.
· Promotes multi-disciplinary teamwork in order to meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Is responsible for department planning, goals, and objectives that are consistent with the Hospital and Pharmacy Shared Services.
· B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
· Minimum of 2 years supervisory or leadership experience preferred
· Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
· Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
/ *With HealthTrust & Hospital leadership approval, incumbents relocating from another State will be given 6-months to obtain State licensure and Consultant license (if applicable) for the State in which the facility is located. During this timeframe, the DOP will only participate in administrative functions and another licensed pharmacist will be given responsibility as the hospital’s Pharmacist in Charge and Consultant Pharmacist (if applicable). /
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Director of Pharmacy - Centerpoint Medical Center
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09752-16382