HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Svcs Technician FT NIGHTS in Independence, Missouri
_Centerpoint Medical Center__–__Independence, MO_ _Emergency Department Technician _ __ Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures the following: * Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services * An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services * Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine * An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator * Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries * Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit * Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.* *
_Responsibilities:_ * The role of the Multi-skilled Technician/Student Nurse Tech is to perform patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse. * The Multi-skilled Tech/Student Nurse Tech provides therapeutic services necessary for the care of the patient with in their scope of care, and in support of the mission of the hospital.
* High School Graduate or successful completion of basic fundamentals of nursing course at a school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
* MO Certified Nursing Assistant License or current MO EMT License required.* Or, *successful completion of basic fundamentals of nursing course at a school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
* BCLS certification required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
* Provide information with courtesy and tact. * Experience in Emergency care preferred. * Medical Assistant/Patient Care Assistant/student nurse, nurse tech/medical student experience required, graduate nurse of an accredited EMT Course.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Emergency Svcs Technician FT NIGHTS
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-54551