Farmers Insurance Business Analyst I in Independence, Ohio
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solution to their business needs; Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities; Performs impact analysis of making changes to application systems and supports development of effort/cost estimates; Develops and documents functional specifications; Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Defines project scope; Develops functional specifications; Prepares Preliminary Systems Design document.
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports the Application Subject Matter Experts in development of estimates / validation of suppliers’ estimates.
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
*Experience Requirements: *Level I: 3 years of experience in analysis or a technical development role.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling.
- Excellent written and oral skills in local language.
- Agile experience as a product owner, preferred.
- Certification as a product owner, preferred.
- Experience with TFS, Rally etc. preferred.
- Experience with OMNI channel, preferred.
Experience with delivery in the digital channel, preferred.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Business Analyst I
Requisition ID: 190003GK