Farmers Insurance .Net Application Developer II in Independence, Ohio
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This role can be located in either one of our Farmers offices: *
Independence, OH office *
- Plantation, FL* office
Codes and unit tests instructions for computer programs and performs analysis to ensure efficient use of computer resources and that the program specifications are met; recommends appropriate changes as necessary; provides documentation for the written programs according to the standards; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as required; conducts preliminary estimates (Rough Order of Magnitude) for the level of effort to add to/make changes to application functionality; analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls, as well as data conversion, and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Familiar with POINT (IBM DB2) data structures, as well as XML mapping processes.
- Familiar with Visual Studio 2015, VB.NET/VC#, Java.
- Familiar with TFS.
- Strong adherence to SDLC processes.
- Angular experience a plus.
- May require occasional travelling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- English take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
Internal Title: Application Developer II
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: .Net Application Developer II
Requisition ID: 190000X2
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Plantation