Farmers Insurance Personal Lines Product Manager in Independence, Ohio
We are Farmers!
In businesssince 1928, todayatFarmersweproudly serve more than10millionhouseholds acrossall50states. Ourexperience providesarich historyofservice and strongcustomerrelationships, whileourfocusoninnovation, technology,andentrepreneurship helpsustostay creativeanddrive theevolutionofthe insuranceindustry. FarmersInsurance Exchange®, the largestofthe three primary insurersthatmake up FarmersInsurance, isrecognized asoneofthe largest U.S. companiesonthe2017Fortune500list.
At Farmers,weunderstand that every encounterwithcustomersisanopportunity to differentiateourselveswithourpersonalized serviceandhaveanoverall positive impactontheirlives. Weprideourselvesonhelping the individualsandbusinesses we serve become smarterand betterprepared toprotect the thingsthat mattermost to them.
AsaProduct Manageryou are responsible formanaging allaspectsofthe Personal Linesinsurance products (auto, home and umbrella products)within Minnesota. Youwillassesskeydriversofprofitability, growth,andmonitorthecompetitive landscape to evolve the productsin yourstate(s) to meet both customerandbusinessneeds. You will work closely with crossfunctional partnersincluding sales, service, underwriting,claims, information technology,aswellascomplianceandlegal to deliverproductsthat generateprofitable growth
Asuccessful candidatewill thinkstrategicallyandanalytically to guide product strategy,andexecuteimpeccablyto ensure productandprocessimprovementsare delivered on time,to the highest quality.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible fordevelopingshortand long term planswith salescounterpartsto achieveprofitable growth
- Direct developmentofpricing,contract,andunderwriting changesforproducts
- Leaddata analysisand discovery with analyticsteamto inform product improvementsand adviseonbusinesspriorities
- Developandrecommend underwriting,service,claims,andmarketprioritieswhile keeping trackofindustry developments
- Negotiate andsetprioritiesto align product and distribution profitable growth goals
- Workwith IT partnersto develop requirementsfor newproductsand system enhancements
- Communicate with regulatorson complexregulatoryandfiling issues
- Collaborate with industry groupsandregulatory affairs to provide inputonlegislation
- Supportdepartmental effortsto recruit, trainanddevelop analysts
- Thisrole isboth strategicandoperational,anddoesnothave direct reports
- Travel to the field as needed to interact with Distribution team, District Managers and agents
WhatWeAre Looking For:
- Quantitativeandqualitative candidate that isable toquickly assessandunderstand complextopics,butalso represent Product Managementto therestofthe organization
- Goaldriven, detail-oriented,andahighly organized,strategicthinkerwithapassion fordata-driven decision making, whocandefinealong-term strategy in addition to delivering impeccableexecution
- Excellentwrittenandverbal communicationandnatural problem solving ability
- Capableofworking inanopen and collaborative environment,andability to make customer-centered decisionsthat willalso benefit the goalsofthe organization
A Successful Candidate: * Will seamlessly prioritize and collaborate with cross-functional partners;balancing short-termwinswith long-termstrategyappropriately * Demonstratestenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables themto organize andlead projects,overcome challenges, andproposesolutions * Isahighly motivated self-starter that iscuriousandalways wanting to learn more * Canlisten and understandthat thebestideascan come from anywhere and fosteracultureofinnovation that leadsto thebestproducts Education Requirements
Four-yearcollege degree required, preferably in business, finance,mathematicalorstatistical field.MBA/Graduate degree orCPCUpreferred.
6yearsofproduct management, product strategy experienceorsimilarrole,orGraduatedegreeandless than 6 yearsofexperience in similarrole.Insurance products, pricing, strategy strongly preferred.
Benefits and Perks
· 401Ksavingsplan including company match · Generouspaidtimeoff · Medical,Dental,Vision,LifeandLongTermDisabilityInsurance · Healthandwellnessbenefits · Flexiblespendingaccount(FSA)andHealthSavingsAccount(HSA) · Tuitionreimbursement Office location: 5990 West Creek Road Bldg III Independence, OH 44131 * *
*Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.* *** * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Personal Lines Product Manager
Requisition ID: 190000OB