HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist II PRN in Inverness, Florida
Medical Technologist - Citrus Memorial Hospital
Are you looking for advance your career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Citrus Memorial Hospital. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a PRN position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add a Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results. * Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. * Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods. * Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. * Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Citrus Memorial Hospital
Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women’s services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Respiratory Therapist and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.
Title: Medical Technologist II PRN
Location: Florida-Inverness-Citrus Memorial Hospital
Requisition ID: 26598-1383