Verizon Wireless Director Technology Order Management in Irving, Texas
What you’ll be doing...
Leads the efforts associated with the delivery of strategic business solutions for the Verizon Wireless Order Management and Customer Profile Management Order Rewire platform. Responsible for managing customer transactions impacting >$100B revenues annually, as the position will have direct impact on the day to day sales, service and operations of the Verizon Wireless Consumer, Small Business and IoT/M2M businesses. Plays a delivery role in the launch of Wireless pricing and marketing programs and will engage in active partnership with the marketing, frontline support systems, other IT and operations teams.
Leads the systems Design, development, implementation of order management and profile applications
• Leads the team to develop and maintain the Order Rewire and DVS set of applications
• Leads the team to develop and maintain the NoSQL Cassandra platform
• Build controls to ensure quality of deliverables
• Leads the delivery of Verizon Wireless Consumer and Small Business programs, Verizon Business Markets and LCI and IoT/M2M market segments.
• Engages in development of the business and systems requirements for projects impacting the Wireless, VBM/OneFiber and M2M/Products business segments
• Provides oversight in the design the systems flow and the accompanying processes to support the projects
Delivers operational and availability objectives
• Identifies and monitors the infrastructure metrics for systems availability
• Tracks the KPIs for systems flow-through and order fulfillment
• Ensures timely and successful delivery of all IT releases
• Tracks and follows through on post-production performance of the releases
Drives Business metrics dashboard for Order Management and Profile
• Partners with the marketing and operations teams on the performance of the systems and processes
• Tracks the key operational metrics for the business - Gross Sales, Net Adds, Flowthrough, Operations Tickets, Provisioning and Billing Completions
Manage employees and budget
• Organizes the teams with managers accountable for independent functions
• Drives teams to deliver and execute the various part of the IT project lifecycle
• Performs timely reviews of the employees and track performance to the agreements with timely feedback to the employees
• Create an environment for success by regularly meeting the teams and reviewing the projects and deliverables
• Identifies key metrics for the ED/VP/CIO organization and break them down to the granular levels for individual members of the organization
• Manages the budget of the organization with weekly reviews of the time sheets, capital and expense reports
• Builds a process for employee motivation, performance and growth
• Identifies, mentors and develops high potential employees with a clear succession plan
• Recruits highly skilled employees and contractors proficient in systems development, business process and cloud-native technologies
• Lives and implements the credo
What we’re looking for...
Experience in Wireless business and market segment programs, 5 years + FiOS end to end systems knowledge to include ordering experience, order management and sequencing, fulfillment, provisioning and billing for Wireless device and price plans, FiOS (LCI) provisioning for OneFiber.
5 years + of delivering major IT programs for the business, including systems rationalization efforts.
In-depth and hands-on knowledge of the order management platform and different technologies and components in DVS, CIDB, Cassandra, SSP, DataGrid, BPM
In-depth and hands-on experience in Cassandra No SQL, Apache Spark/Scala, IBM ExtremeScale, Oracle Coherence, Spring Boot, Netflix Eureka/Hysterix micro-service framework, jBPM, Active MQ and Postgress/Maria RDBMS database.
Extensive and hands-on experience in implementing DevOps tools and Full SDLC automation (Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Test automation tools and A/B deployment).
Knowledge in AWS and Public-cloud migration strategy
Experience and solid understanding of the broad business goals and direction, delivering solutions to complex business/ordering problems
Quickly able to organize around a problem and engage various teams to solve the challenge.
Strong management skills with experience managing employees remotely
Strong verbal and written communication skills including strong knowledge of G-suite applications
Proven ability to interact with all levels of management
Building and working with a diverse, global talent for follow-the-sun delivery model
Demonstrated project management expertise in large programs
Bachelors Degree or accelerated degree preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.