McKesson Sr. Manager - Content and Campaign Marketing, Retail Solutions in Irving, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Retail Solutions Marketing Team at McKesson US Pharmaceutical and Specialty Health seeks a key contributor to our marketing strategy working with both business and consumer segments. You love to strategize and get stuff done! The ideal candidate can lead the “big-picture activities” needed to understand the independent pharmacy and small/medium chain (ISMC) segment and to create the content and campaign marketing strategy that drives engagement. You also love working through the customer journey to execute activities across multiple platforms that best reach our customer segment and their customers. You have a keen eye for design sensibility and experience developing, iterating and optimizing high-impact digital content for web, email and social media that propels the brand and business forward.
• Map out a Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy with an editorial calendar that supports demand generation and extends the impact of marketing initiatives in helping our customers (pharmacies) market to their customers (patients). Ensuring the GTM strategy/plan is closely aligned with the segment strategy, value prop and messaging.
• Develop marketing plans that drive patients and increase traffic to our Health Mart Pharmacies – CPG / Retail experience a must.
• Direct cross-functional, cross-organizational teams and agencies in the development and execution of GTM plans. Collaborate across multiple business units, program owners, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure alignment and elevate the role of content strategy.
• Sales enablement – provide the sales team with information, content and tools that help them sell more effectively.
• Collaborate with manufacturer partners on coordination of joint campaign activities and distribution channels.
• Lead and manage team of marketing professionals.
• Define and report campaign metrics / goals / benchmarks.
5 years of marketing experience including 2 years managerial experience
• 5 years of experience as a respected leader of content marketing, multichannel content creation, and/or digital marketing
• Demonstrated success in supporting B2B and B2C sales, analyzing data to find insights and creating compelling messages and stories for multiple audiences, and managing multiple vendors/agencies and/or direct/indirect reports
• Proven experience in planning and executing large-scale Content and Campaign Marketing efforts – from building the content strategy and gaining buy-in from leadership to implementing planned activities and reporting of results
• Serve as expert with the field, representing and counseling on marketing’s role in content and GTM plans.
• Ability to manage and influence virtual teams
• Ability to effectively interface with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of offering, segment, partner and account-based marketing
• Experience with marketing automation systems such as Marketo is a plus
• Preferred experience working in the Healthcare industry
• Preferred experience working in the Retail industry
• Demonstrated creative, innovative thinker who is willing to take educated and calculated risks
• People-savvy and capable of understanding and navigating complex, matrix organizations with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions
• Excellent written / oral communications
4-year degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job Family Title: Marketing Management 3
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Sr. Manager - Content and Campaign Marketing, Retail Solutions
Requisition ID: 18006242