HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director, Trauma Services in Jacksonville, Florida
Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed, Level II Trauma hospital offering a full line of services. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, a state-of-the-art Spine Clinic, and Memorial’s maternity center, Special Beginnings.
We are looking for a new Director of Trauma, to provide facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with a primary focus on developing and implementing monitoring systems to enhance care of the trauma patient. The new director will serve as a resource for inter-intra disciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients and will work in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program, to qualify all care issues and system issues regarding the program development and to optimize patient care across the age and injury spectrum.
The new Director will be accountable for program development, both at the hospital, local and within state/national systems as well as for oversight/direction of trauma related activities and will initiate changes internally and externally that will promote optimal trauma care. The new Director will perform all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance with all hospital, local, state and American College of Surgeon requirements and maintains responsibility and accountability for 24-hour a day management.
- Educate staff, physicians and ancillary services regarding hospital, divisional and unit specific policies, procedures and standards and regarding disaster/hurricane preparedness and procedures.
- Collaborate and maintain a liaison role to assure cooperation with police, state attorney and medical examiner’s office regarding criminal investigations/evidentiary requirements.
- Collaborate with the medical staff and other personnel representatives of allied groups in the planning and coordinating of the delivery of health care services to patients, such as case management and critical care paths.
- Troubleshoot/problem sole systems or problems related to rescue/trauma center communication and transportation systems.
- Provide consultative services to health care providers, administrators and health care consumers regarding trauma care/services.
- Maintain current knowledge of disaster/hurricane preparedness/emergency management.
- Collaborate with Trauma Registry personnel to assure validity of Trauma Registry data.
- Monitor and evaluate the continuum of trauma care from the point of Emergency Medical Service entry to rehabilitation and discharge.
- Analyze date; identify trends/areas for improvement in processes, structures and systems impacting trauma care patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with Trauma Medical Director/trauma physicians to troubleshoot/problem-solve issues related to trauma patientcare or processes and refer to appropriate source for corrective action.
- Assume primary responsibility in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director/trauma physicians for developing, reviewing and analyzing institutional trauma filters determining variances and assuring follow-up resolution or monitoring for trends by filter and service.
- Collaborate with unit nursing directors, clinical educators, nurse liaisons and Registry personnel to assure effective tracking, monitoring and evaluation of Department of Health and Trauma Center filters.
- Assist nursing directors with periodic evaluations of all trauma-related nursing personnel.
- Monitor, evaluate and communicate quality management issues to pre-hospital providers and participate in quality improvement activities designed to enhance pre-hospital care.
- Coordinate meetings of the Trauma Process Improvement and Patient Safety Committee.
- Prepare monthly variance report for Trauma Process Improvement and Patient Safety Committee meeting.
- Prepare a quarterly report of variances and outliers, sources of problems, actions taken and effectiveness of resolution.
- Participate in conducting and analyzing annual evaluation of the Trauma Process Improvement and Patient Safety Committee plan.
- Prepare an annual report summarizing all areas identified as problematic/needing improvement with actions taken and status of outcomes.
- Attend/participate in monthly trauma interdisciplinary meeting.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing
Required Licensure/Certification: Current Florida RN license, AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS and TNCC/ATC. Required Experience: 5 years RN experience in trauma, emergency services and/or critical care setting with proven track record as a nursing leader.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director, Trauma Services
Location: Florida-Jacksonville-Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Requisition ID: 02525-13515