Bank of America Java/J2EE Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Line of Business Position Summary
• Candidate will be developing java, j2ee and web technology based framework and services.
• Will be responsible for designing, building, and testing back-end and browser-based applications.
• Will provide support and maintenance of existing and new applications.
• Will interact with program managers and clients at many levels for purposes of requirements gathering and solution design.
• Will work in a distributed team environment and be an effective part of the team, following all development processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Must be highly skilled at finding root causes of errors and providing fixes in a demanding, mission-critical production environment.
• Should be able to take on complete tasks and deliver accurate results with minimal oversight.
• Must have at least 8+ years of professional experience in Java, J2EE, and web technologies development.
• Must be extremely proficient with core Java core technologies, including multi-threading, sockets, Collections, Java design patterns.
• Must be proficient in J2EE technologies, especially servlets, JSP, JMS, XML technologies, spring, web services, cxf.
• Must have a very good understanding of object-oriented design, programming and be able to put this knowledge into practice.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be fluent in English.
• Should have experience with Tomcat, WebSphere and J2EE configuration and deployment and knowledge of Unix/Linux.
Prior experience with React or Angular is preferred
Posting Date : 02/15/2018
Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.