Brinks Cashier - JFK in JFK Airport, New York
Cashier - JFK
Requisition #:27176Location:JFK Airport NY - US Global Svs - B0252
Functional Area:Manufacturing/Production/OperationsEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brinks Inc. the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Cashier in our Sort/Vault Operation out of our JFK Airport location.
The Cashier is responsible for supporting the day-to-day vault and sort operations at our JFK Airport location. This position will provide hands on support and functional expertise working with internal and external shipments of customer liability and ensuring that this liability is effectively processed through the Sort and Vault operation. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Work closely with Operations Supervision and Management to process shipments through the locations sort/ vault operations and will assist in the vault check in/out, opening and closing of facility, ensuring activities are performed in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform item verifications and work closely with Export staff and Ops staff to ensure all liability is appropriately accounted for and related paperwork is accurate.
• Ensure all customer requests are appropriately serviced and that all issues are brought to the attention of the Chief Cashier or Supervisor of Operations in a timely manner.
• Develop relationships with BGS Customers to ensure outstanding experience and develop future business prospects for division – will work closely with internal JFK support departments such as Exports, Imports, BBC and Commodities Storage as well as external partners such as D&J Sales, Billing/Customer Service and Commodities Sales as needed.
• Enter all relevant customer data and ensure that information for each shipment is accurately completed using division software.
• Control the movement of shipments in and out of the vault and the sort areas.
• Perform evening receipt activities, which includes handling materials of significant weight.
• Conduct audits of the vault and work with leadership to audit shipments/receivables for movement.
• Work with BITS, ATLAS and GARCIA and other proprietary software programs as necessary and maintain the security of all.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Minimum 1 year of logistics/freight forwarding or similar experience in positions of increasing responsibility which include but are not limited to sortation reconciliation, maintenance of the shipping process, logistics/vault audits and operational process management.
• Minimum of 1 year of Microsoft Office and logistics software experience.
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements.
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses.
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular and consistent basis.
• Ability to work weekends and flexible schedule including evenings and where necessary holidays.
• Internal logistics process experience.
• External logistics experience in shipping sortation or secured vaulting operation in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Good basic math skills.
• Ability to operate in a fast paced – multi task driven environment.
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Excellent customer service
• Collaborative work style
• Good ethics and integrity
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• “Can do” thinker and someone who can operate creatively to solve problems
• Strong attention to detail.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s Global Services USA, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top