Brinks Transportation Coord in JFK Airport, New York
Requisition #:29406Location:JFK Airport NY - US Global Svs - B0252
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Brink’s Global Services USA, Inc. is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Transportation Coordinator – NY Exports based out of our JFK Airport facility in Springfield Gardens, NY.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for providing hands on customer service and customer assistance for the prompt, effective transportation, clearance, import, export and routing of both domestic and international parcels in accordance with proper procedures for BGS customers. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers and in armored vehicles in transit, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers, including armored vehicles.
• Receive incoming calls, e-mails and faxes from customers, Brink’s U.S. branches, Brink’s affiliates and agents and respond to requests for rates, billing issues, service queries, in a timely manner
• Coordinate day to day activities of the Export team. Interface and coordinate smooth operation of the Export Department with customers, airlines, and field locations.
• Interface with Regional Managers to respond to concerns and issues from field office operations and maintain relationships with customers and overseas affiliates.
• Partner with operations staff to determining accurate operational service capabilities.
• Responsible for meeting all IATA and US Customs requirements in document generation and cargo handling.
• Fully prepare and submit service orders/quotation paperwork for timely billing and analysis purposes.
• Maintain/submit special logs, reports, and records as requested.
• Handle service concerns diplomatically, channeling complaints to other appropriate personnel as needed.
• Determine and secure paperwork required for all international moves, including (but not limited to) commercial invoices, special customs paperwork, etc.
• Determine whether a courier is required on a given shipment, and make courier arrangements with the appropriate gateway airport office.
• Respond to inquiries regarding the status of items in transit through our system.
• Work closely with other members of the department to ensure the appropriate completion and distribution of the workload and maintain a high quality of service to the customers via time efficient and effective response to voice mails, e-mails, and phone calls and by always ensuring that each customer is treated with the utmost respect and consideration.
• Minimum 3 years of hands on air freight Export coordination experience including but not limited to routing of shipments, pricing, routing. Data entry and ensuring an outstanding customer service experience.
• Minimum of 3 years working with Microsoft Office and other transportation field software programs – both industry based and proprietary.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Able to work weekends, holidays and/or extended hours
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds as needed and when necessary on a regular basis
• Experience in a fast paced high volume Export department for an air freight forwarder.
• More than 3 years of experience servicing customers in the transportation/logistics industry as a coordinator, shipment router or other similarly situated air freight forwarding professional.
• Good basic math skills.
• Transferrable internal BGS experience in an Exports, Customer Service or other Operational position with working knowledge of BITS, ATLAS and GARCIA.
• Experience in secured logistics.
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office skills.
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Excellent customer service.
• Collaborative work style.
• Good ethics and integrity.
• Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Analytical problem solving.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employees, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top