Public Health Programs Division Director ( R-00045390 )
The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Public Health Programs Division Director located in the Atlanta, Georgia area. This position will report to the Leidos Vice President, Health & Human Services (HHS).
The Public Health Programs Division Director will own full profit and loss responsibility for this business unit and will be accountable for both operational excellence in program performance as well as meeting and exceeding near, intermediate and long term top and bottom line growth targets for the overall portfolio. This division works directly with public health focused customers such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HHS Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) and state and local public health departments and indirectly with other HHS operating divisions and agencies that have a role in the delivery of public health. The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet and exceed revenue, profit and business growth targets.
- Manage the delivery of outstanding performance across the entire portfolio of public health programs.
- Develop, shape and implement the strategic direction of the public health business that ensures sustainable growth and enduring competitive differentiation can be achieved.
- Achieve mission success for all customers served.
- Drive business growth activities (including re-compete, new business and take away opportunities) in concert with the business development (BD) organization. Provide value-added engagement, oversight, and guidance into all aspects of BD and capture including pipeline creation, prioritization and execution.
- Manage budgets and investments (e.g., overhead expenses, marketing, bid and proposal, independent research and development) in an efficient manner in the successful delivery of financial results.
- Develop and nurture strong customer intimacy at the executive and program levels that facilitate achievement of both tactical and strategic growth designs.
- Provide public health program and subject matter support to Congressional activities.
- Provide thought leadership through speaking engagements and participation in key government and industry forums.
- Collaborate successfully with other Leidos business units that serve other HHS agencies and operating divisions such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as non-HHS agencies such as the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Defense (DoD), National Guard, etc. that all have integral roles in the delivery of public health.
- Identify, recruit, lead and develop the personnel and teams that will deliver on both program performance and execution as well as growing the business.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical discipline with 15+ years of increasing responsibility and relevant experience, preferably in a public health related field. MBA is a plus.
- Previous P&L responsibility exceeding $50-100M revenue per year.
- Proven track record of being able to grow a business.
- Program Management experience running programs with total contract value greater than $100M is a plus.
- PMP / PMI certification.
- Experience with multiple contract types including FFP, T&M, cost plus, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding skills in crafting and making presentations to a variety of customer audiences, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win / win results.
- Proven team builder with high retention and proven successful program execution with sustained growth and high customer satisfaction.
- Experience collaborating with and directing a distributed team and managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective portfolio.
- Ability to cycle back and forth seamlessly and effectively between business development activities and operational delivery.
- A leader who is driven, industrious, disciplined and dedicated who inspires the team and customers alike and is committed to inclusion and diversity.
US Citizen with the ability to obtain customer site clearance (Public Trust) or higherExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ManagerJob Family:Proj and Prog Management