Supervisor Public Works- Minneapolis, MN (88084)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Leadership accountability for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics;
- Handle 3rd party utility crossing process for CP US property including the review of engineering plans and specifications provided by third party consultants and contractors wishing to construct utilities across or parallel to Company right of way to ensure installations meet Company and industry standards;
- Arrange and coordinate railroad flagging protection for third parties entering company property to ensure the safety of railroad operations and the third party;
- Provide technical support to Engineering, Business Development and Real Estate departments, as well as third party consultants and construction companies.
- Provide engineering review all 3rd party utility crossing applications and ensure utility plans meet CP and AREMA standards;
- Perform constructability reviews of all crossing plans to ensure installations do not impact CP operations;
- Coordinate review of 3rd party utility proposals with multiple internal stakeholders (Engineering, S&C, Real Estate, Legal, Risk);
- Prepare and execute all utility crossing license agreements;
- Maintain utility records and databases;
- Coordinate construction and railroad flagging for all utility installations;
- Update CP Utility specifications and requirements;
- Coordinate access and flagging for miscellaneous 3rd party work;
- Prepare engineering plans, exhibits and cost estimates for inclusion in various agreements and permits;
- Work with CP Real Estate in the implementation and maintenance of SAP data for utility crossings, ensuring information is current and accurate;
- Ensure company compliance with the terms and conditions of all parallel Master Fiber Optic Agreements and Master Utility Crossing Agreements.
- Engineering or Construction Management Diploma from accredited Technical Institute or corresponding experience;
- Knowledge of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association (AREMA) standards, Canadian Pacific standards, General Code of Operating Rules and Federal On Track Safety rules preferred;
- Civil and/or Geotechnical Engineering experience preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with utility design and construction preferred;
- Previous railway field engineering experience preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and SAP;
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare engineering plans;
- Excellent negotiating, written and verbal communication skills required;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer-Funded Retirement Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Drug Test Elements:
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history
- Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.