Aerospace MRO Technician
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for an Aerospace MRO Technician in our Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) group. This position is based in Euclid, OH. The compensation for this role is $25.38/hr.
The Euclid facility has approximately 300 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
You would be responsible for the repair and overhaul of main engine fuel pumps, boost pumps and other commercial pumping devices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Disassemble, inspect, disposition and reassemble customer field returns of high-volume units in accordance with component overhaul manuals and/or other approved technical documents. Perform all tasks to the FAA, EASA and CAAC approved procedures.
Prepare a concise and accurate documentation package for every repaired or overhauled unit.
Develop a clear understanding of all FAA, EASA, and CAAC approved procedures. Maintain a current knowledge of all requirements.
Effectively communicate with coworkers to ensure the efficient processing of repairs through the MRO facility and with internal departments such as quality, customer service, stock room, etc. and external customers and auditors as required.
Ensure that your required training/re-training requirements are achieved and properly documented for FAA record keeping. Participate in departmental continuous improvement projects.
Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor, which could include receiving/shipping, final test, pump testing and non-destructive testing.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the maintenance of mechanical devices such as pumps, motors, etc.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of Euclid, Ohio will be considered.
- Experience in an Aerospace environment.
- Associate degree.
- Understands CMM’s, S/B’s, engineering drawings and repair sketches.
- 3 years experience in aircraft/engine accessory maintenance preferred.
- MFG-Pro or other ERP experience.
- Experienced in multiple pump models – is efficient and achieves high five metrics.
- Knowledgeable in administrative tasks such as – Contract review, RTS, etc.
- Participate in CI events and help problem solve issues.
- Effective trainer – ability to cross admin and direct repair and overhaul tasks.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Ability to properly disposition hardware.
- Possess sufficient computer skills to perform data entry with in our MRP system (MFG-Pro).
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team