Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer ( R-00053701-OTHLOC-PL-2D1411 )
The Electronic Warfare Division has an opening for a Senior Aerospace Design Systems Engineer with digital design expertise.
Leidos is seeking experienced engineers to lead design efforts of hypersonic and high speed weapons systems. Successful applicants will have recent and relevant design experience in the digital domain and have demonstrated track record of integrating data from CFD, FEA, thermal analysis, 6-DOF simulations, and experimental campaigns into system design efforts. Strong preference will be given to candidates with expertise in developing and articulating CONOPs and campaign modeling.
As the Department of Defense has embraced the concept of Digital Engineering, it is expected that the candidate will be capable of directing efforts to develop Digital Representations and Physical Representations (twins) of weapons and platforms. The strength of Leidos’ Modeling and Simulation (M&S) capability in hypersonic systems and high speed weapons positions us to be a leader in the field of Digital Engineering for these systems, and we are looking for individuals who can develop work in this growing field.
We will consider applicants at either the King of Prussia, PA or Eglin, FL locations. This is a engineering leadership position to for the digital design of advanced missiles and hypersonic systems. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the US Government on the conceptual and preliminary design of advanced hypersonic weapons, air-to-air missiles, and counter-hypersonic missile systems as well as develop the digital architecture to support programs of record.
Be part of a close knit team and be work with world class experts. The Leidos Aerophysics group operates in a small team environment where individual creativity is rewarded and continuous learning is the norm. Be part of a creative team developing innovative solutions for AFRL, DARPA, OSD, and the US Army.
Apply your prior experience to lead design efforts for cutting edge weapon systems. Be a leader in the emerging field of Digital Engineering and pave the way for new approaches in design and storing/accessing/maintaining ‘source of truth’ design data.
Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance.
Experience Level: Leidos will consider candidates with demonstrated aerospace systems engineering experience and engineering skills related to Digital Engineering, Model Based System Engineering, and/or Campaign Modeling.
Education: Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering or Science discipline and 8+ years of experience.
Communication Skills: Successful candidates should be able to effectively communicate with Leidos aerodynamics, airframe, and guidance and control personnel, and interact daily with customers, team members and end users. Must be able to lead and develop design reviews and be able to effectively document and present design decisions. Must develop a clear understanding of mission needs and requirements and be able to create designs to satisfy those needs and requirements. Must present both verbal and written status on a regular basis.
Required Skills: Demonstrated recent and relevant experience with one or more of the following disciplines is required:
· Multidisciplinary design effort leading to a closed design which involved aerodynamic, structural, thermal and mission constraints
· Engineering Analysis tools - CFD, FEA, thermal analysis, GNC, trajectory analysis
· Development of CONOPS, mission analysis, and/or campaign analysis
· Preparation of Design Reviews: PDR, CDR, etc.
Desired Skills: Preferred candidates will in addition have recent and relevant skills with the following:
· Design experience on hypersonic vehicles and/or weapons
· Leadership of a design team or effort post university level
· Design Optimization and use of AI/ML tools to develop surrogate models
· Experience with: CART3D, KESTREL, ANSYS, Sierra Tool Suite
· Scripting – the use of Python or other scripting languages to perform large numbers of simulations and experience with Monte Carlo type design space exploration
· Project data management software – Project Lifecycle Management Software
· Campaign tools – AFSIM, STORM, THUNDER, CORBA, etc.
· DOD Design Process – PMBOK, CDRs, PDRs,
· Familiarity with WeaponONE, or other DE effortsExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: