Aerospace Design Engineer ( R-00072317 )
The QRC AISR Division of the Airborne Solutions Organization has an immediate opening in our Bridgewater, VA location. This position is responsible for the following:
- Communicate weekly with subcontractors and DoD officials for programmatic updates and requirements.
- Regularly utilize approval authority for configuration management processes.
- Apply analytical skills to dissect cause-effect relationships across engineering disciplines.
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Possible programs may include SolidWorks, Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.
- Experience in mechanical design processes and best practices.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights.
- Ability to perform on-aircraft surveys in confined spaces against 2D drawings.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics.
- Strong understanding of configuration management standards.
- Detail oriented and organized personality.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.