Aircraft Electrical Specialist (F-16)
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
Amentum is hiring an Aircraft Electrical Specialist, required to maintain F-16 Block 50 aircraft support equipment; electrical and environmental systems. Performs aircraft servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control and inspection with minimum supervision. Operates ground support equipment and flight line vehicles. Assists in aircraft equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks. Works for the Avionics Specialist Lead.
- Performs on and off aircraft and equipment electrical and environmental systems maintenance to include troubleshooting, repairing and adjusting components.
- Performs aircraft scheduled/unscheduled on and off equipment maintenance.
- Services aircraft with fuel, oil, grease, hydraulic fluid, air, oxygen and nitrogen.
- Launches and recovers aircraft, to include tie-down, cover, plug and pin removal and installation, marshaling, and assists on pilot preflight.
- Operates GSE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
- Orders aircraft/equipment parts.
- Assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks.
- Completes maintenance documentation using IMDS and required forms.
- Must be willing to train to other aircraft maintenance tasks as required.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Assists in upkeep of assigned facilities/grounds as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a hanger/flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
The diversity of work conditions may range an environment where there is little on no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy.