Aircraft Technical Inspector-Multi/General (UH60/ CH47) - Kuwait
The UH60 - CH47 Aircraft Inspector - Multi/ General is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and Support Equipment.
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections.
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Shall have Five (5) years of recent applicable aircraft maintenance experience.
- Shall have at least one-year experience inspecting UH60 / CH47 aircraft assigned.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Shall possess a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P).
- If no A&P, shall have a minimum Five-years experience as an aircraft inspector on the UH60/ CH47 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Shall hold a valid (current) FAA Inspection Authorization (IA). If no IA, shall have a minimum five-year experience as an aircraft inspector on the UH60/ CH47 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 2 plus year validity on expiration date of passport at the time of hiring
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Clearance (NAC-I T1).
- Must be able to pass Army MOD 16 Medical for deployment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess good communication skills; be adaptable, diversified and capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May be expected to work in austere environments and all weather conditions.