Aircraft Logs & Records Clerk
The successful Aircraft Logs & Records Clerk is responsible for the management and sustainment of all aircraft logbooks, aeronautical equipment service records, aircraft maintenance files, records and reports, directives and correspondence in an aircraft maintenance and operations environment in accordance with CNAFINST 4790.2 series and applicable instructions.
- Utilize the current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required by customer.
- Draft and submit aircraft/engine management and Inventory Reporting System reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, yearly reports as assigned.
- Process readiness documents, administer the aircraft configuration status accounting program and verify aircraft utilization reports.
- Monitor aircraft configuration status, weight and balance and aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
- Initiate and distribute applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparation of the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Monitor, verify and log Support Equipment Custody records, Aviation Armament Equipment, aircraft inventory records and Technical Directives as applicable.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Perform data processing, data entry and administrative support in the following systems:
- NALCOMIS Optimized Organizational Maintenance Activity (OOMA)
- NALCOMIS Organizational Maintenance Activity (OMA)
- F/A-18 Automated Maintenance Environment (FAME)
- Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS)
- Comprehensive Engine Trending and Diagnostics System (CETADS)
- Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS)
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center as required.
- Present a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste Program, and Tool Control Programs.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two (2) years of aviation clerical experience in maintaining aircraft log books, aeronautical equipment service records and associated logs. Previous experience with US Navy, and/or FAA aircraft logbooks and documentation is preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Logs and Records courses or other schools with equivalent curriculum or two (2) year of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any Government/Company licensing, qualification, certification, and clearance requirements for the position.
- Experience with automated management information systems: OOMA, NALCOMIS, FAME, IMDS, CETADS, CEMS – highly desired.
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Must have valid state drivers license.
- Must be able to work all shifts & schedules.
- May be required to maintain work-center technical publication annex library.
- Licensing, certification requirements:
- Hazardous Waste Communications Training,
- FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
- ISO 9001-2000 Program Awareness
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- Weight and Balance Certified