The successful Aircraft Washer washes aircraft and aircraft components as required utilizing a high-pressure wash system. Perform pre / post wash lubrication of aircraft. Install and remove protective covers. Move aircraft utilizing towing equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate ground support equipment.
- Operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Assist in the movement of aircraft.
- Prepare aircraft for washing by ensuring vent areas are taped and all protective covers are in place.
- Wash and rinse external and internal surface of aircraft and aircraft components to remove grease, dirt, oil fungus and stains.
- Use and maintain high-pressure wash system.
- Perform pre / post wash aircraft lubrication utilizing established procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center.
- Present a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers.
- Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste, and Tool Control programs.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Obtain and maintain required government / company owned Ground Support Equipment licenses while assigned as an Aircraft Washer
- Utilize two-way communication equipment as required.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any Government/Company required licensing, qualification, certification, and clearance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) months aviation maintenance and /or flight line experience is required.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, crouching, kneeling, lifting, carrying, balancing and reaching above shoulder level, pushing or pulling weight up to 70 pounds.
- Requires eye hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have close vision to include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to the normal range.
- Must be US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to work all assigned shifts & schedules.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be familiar with normal operational safety requirements, working on and around aircraft and ground support equipment.