Aircraft Painter prepares aircraft and ground support equipment for painting to include thorough hand washing, inspection, chemical treatment, and masking. Paints complete aircraft and / or ground support equipment. Provides technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to employees in the Corrosion Control Specialist classification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of the Aircraft Washer and Corrosion Control Specialist classifications.
- Performs thorough washing of aircraft interior / exterior and / or ground support equipment in preparation for treatment and painting.
- Chemically treats metal in preparation for painting.
- Uses, inspects, and maintains assigned paint applicators.
- Uses, inspects, and maintains assigned personal safety equipment, including respirators.
- Prepares aircraft and / or ground support equipment for painting.
- Paints aircraft and / or ground support equipment.
- Coordinates with the customer, the O.E.M., management and work centers to resolve questions concerning aircraft corrosion / paint problems and painting requirement/ modifications.
- Estimates and accesses damage of painted surfaces as related to crash and mishap damaged aircraft to include man-hours and materials.
- Assist in preparation of P & E reports as required.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance, and instruction as required.
- Comply with all applicable programs, including Safety, Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Communications, Corrosion Control, and Tool Control.
- Participates in the proper maintenance and cleanliness of spaces and facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with normal operational safety and environmental requirements, working on and around aircraft and ground support equipment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of corrosion theory, detection, treatment, and prevention.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of aircraft painting techniques.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Must have thorough knowledge of applicable maintenance / technical manuals, basic tools, and special tools.
EDUCATION / LICENSES:
- Satisfactorily completed U.S. Navy Aircraft Paint, Finish and Insignia school or acceptable substitute.
- Graduation from high school or GED required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Must have three (3) years general experience in aircraft corrosion control, to include preparation and aircraft painting.
- Aircraft ground servicing equipment including vehicles, tugs, tractors, hand tools, Paint Guns, and related equipment.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, crouching, kneeling, lifting, carrying, balancing, and reaching above shoulder level, pushing or pulling weight up to 70 pounds.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity Must have close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires hearing to normal range. Requires use of respirator.
- Will require use of breathing apparatus.
- Will be required to handle hazardous materials and chemicals identified on Safety Data Sheets
- Must successfully pass a Company physical prior to employment / promotion and annually thereafter.
- The diversity of working conditions may range from standard shop type environment where there may be no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- Will be required to wear protective clothing and other safety equipment.
- Will be required to work with chemical cleaning solvents and compounds and other hazardous materials.
- Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working at heights on or around aircraft and machinery.
- Aircraft maintenance shops, hangars, and flight line.
- May be required to work where high noise hazards prevail.
- May require travel in support of cross-country rescue and detachments of unknown duration.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.