- Operate service vehicles to replenish water, waste system chemicals (at select locations).
- Assist with refueling, defueling, and towing aircraft (tow vehicle operator).
- Operate ground support equipment such as electrical power carts, engine starting carts, air conditioning carts, nitrogen carts, oil and hydraulic carts for servicing aircraft.
- Examine tires for specified air pressure and condition.
- Position boarding platforms to unload or load aircraft passengers using a staircase truck.
- De-ice aircraft wings and assemblies (select locations).
- Extract engine oil samples when required and provide to NDI for analysis.
- Coordinate via land mobile radio with air traffic control for follow me and towing of aircraft to designated parking spots.
- Retrieve drag chutes and return to owning maintenance unit.
- Coordinate with base supply in ordering parts for aircraft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CBP Background Investigation Suitability clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain the clearance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) or more years of experience in aircraft servicing and/or military aircraft service experience or graduating from an A&P School within the next six months.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) License or DD214 with documentation reflecting aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Hiring Hourly Rate: $36.66
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our career site: www.amentumcareers.com.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.