Level II NDI - Aircraft Maint
Work Where it Matters
Akima Technical Solutions (ATS), an Akima company, is not just another federal technical solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ATS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ATS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ATS delivers a full spectrum of logistics and supply chain services that meet our customers’ most stringent mandates and metrics.
As an ATS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ATS is looking for a Technical Services Engineer II to work in Yuma, AZ. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Performs nondestructive inspection on structures, components, and systems.
- Determine test methods and prepare fluids and parts for nondestructive inspection.
- Interprets nondestructive inspection test results and provides information to the customer.
- Establishes radiation areas for radiographic operations.
- Detects flaws such as cracks, delamination’s, voids, processing defects, and heat damage using penetrant, eddy current, magnetic particle, radiographic, optical, and ultrasonic test equipment.
- Determines metallurgical information of components according to alloy, temper, conductivity, and associated factors.
- Operates maintains and inspects nondestructive equipment.
- Performs operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous waste and materials.
- Completed initial Non-Destructive Inspection Training Course and maintains basic qualification.
- Certified NDI Level II Inspector certified in all aspects of Magnetic Particle Inspection techniques, Fluorescent Penetrant, Eddy Current inspections on Aircraft Engines and Support Equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of aviation maintenance experience.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License
- A security clearance SECRET level or higher or the ability to obtain one? (Preference will be given to those with an active clearance)
- Physical capability to work in tight spaces, at heights, on wings, use ladders, operate tugs, operate lifts, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as interpret instructions from technical manuals and internal Company documents.
- Must have a combination of experience and knowledge on aircraft repair, sheet metal, structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train, and general mechanical maintenance
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, and broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair
Work Environment (ADA)
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing.
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold, and wind. be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ATS01261