Aircraft Mechanic I (Aircrew Flight Equipment)
Amentum is hiring a Aircraft Mechanic I (Aircrew Flight Equipment).
Inspects, evaluates and repairs survival equipment for assigned aircraft and support equipment. Use approved material to upholster, repair or replace aircraft furnishings, headliners, interior side panels,
and bulkheads. Install carpeting, floor coverings and vinyl on SAM aircraft. Repair, manufacture, repack and sew fabric, canvas, leather, rubber and other synthetic material IAW tech data.
Inspect, repair and repack emergency life rafts and life preservers. Modify, design and fabricate any canvas, leather, rubber or synthetic fabric items in support of aircraft maintenance including but not limited to interior furnishings and floor coverings. Operates all associated ground support equipment. Maintains oxygen masks, hand tools, power tools,
special cutting tools, fasteners and adhesives applicable to repair and maintenance assigned aircraft. Evaluates, designs, and manufactures logistics improvement projects. Researches technical data for maintenance, and repair of assigned aircraft and associated equipment.
Uses maintenance drawings and blueprints to accomplish repairs on assigned equipment. Performs on-equipment evaluations of aircraft interior components to determine serviceability and or repair-ability. Coordinates maintenance efforts with the Production Supervisors and Maintenance Operation Coordination Center.
Documents discrepancies in applicable forms and inputs data in Maintenance Information System. Ensures compliance with applicable safety, housekeeping, tool control, and FOD prevention programs. Must be able to work day, swing, night, and/or weekend shifts as required. Performs other
duties related to the occupational field as assigned to include temporary duty and travel. Must maintain all training requirements.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable technical publications and repair procedures for survival equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of corrosion control techniques and base, federal and Company procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Must pass Pulmonary Fit Test and wear breathable oxygen mask in the performance of certain maintenance operations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.