Aircraft Mechanic 1 Airframes
Amentum is immediately hiring a qualified MH-60R Aircraft Mechanic I in support of U.S Navy Aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Mayport, FL.
Incumbent shall have the ability to:
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to troubleshoot and solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals and determine what repairs, modifications, and part replacements are required.
- Perform phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
- Perform diagnosis and corrective actions, disassemble, inspect, evaluate and accomplish necessary repairs including but not limited to airframes, hydraulic systems, and flight controls using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as multimeters, shears, sheet metal brake, rivet gun, and drills.
- Lay out work according to technical instructions and technical directives.
- Apply technical knowledge of aircraft systems in determining equipment malfunctions and apply required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Inspect work performed by another for which he/she is qualified to perform certifying that all maintenance performed is correct and complete.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Five (5) years actual and recent aircraft organizational level experience required.
- Three (3) years MH-60 airframe systems experience required, with three (3) years CDQAR/CDI qualification and leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of MH-60R aircraft system technical publications and COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series.
- Must know theory and principles of airframe systems; accessories and components; theory of flight; rigging of aircraft flight controls; hydraulic electrical interface and mechanical principles.
- Read, interpret and use manufacturers and aircraft maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Knowledgeable with Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS) and Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS) Optimized Organizational Maintenance Activity (OMA).
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects. Inspect the aircraft to certify that all maintenance performed by the team is correct and complete
- 5 years O-level aircraft system maintenance experience, with 5 years inspector experience (CDI, CDQAR).
- Ability to obtain CDQAR within 60 days from start date
- Prior military aviation experience on MH-60R aircraft highly preferred.