AH-64 Aircraft Mechanic 2 - Germany
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
AH-64 Aircraft Mechanic 2 - Germany
The AH-64 Mechanic II performs maintenance and inspects on AH-64 systems maintaining to FAA standards.
- Perform the full range of military tactical aircraft maintenance with a primary expertise as an AH-64 mechanic, repair functions including assembly and modification on a variety of Army and other DoD cross-service aircraft, their major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and related systems.
- Install, connect, and adjust complete systems such as fuel, heat, lubrication, hydraulic, engine, and transmission: install and align fuselage parts; balance, align, and install tail rotor assemblies; rig complete flight control systems.
- Incorporate authorized modifications and changes.
- Make operational checks of hydraulic and fuel systems using external power sources and powered ground equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot to determine cause of malfunctions; disassemble to point of trouble; adjust, repair, realign or replace defective component or assembly.
- Must be able to properly use a variety of common hand tools and measuring devices such as gauges torque wrenches and scales and test, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
- Must be able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
- Direct the work of lower-graded mechanics for complete assembly, modification and checkout of the entire aircraft and coordinate with related trades such as general mechanics and sheet metal to assure proper sequence of the complete aircraft assembly process.
- Prepare forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform additions duties as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required.
- Shall have Five (5) years of recent applicable aircraft maintenance experience.
- FAA A&P OR FCC Elements 1 and 3 Required.
- Must possess a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P), with at least Two (2) years aviation maintenance experience, and Two (2) years on the assigned MDS (AH-64).
- All experience must be within the Five (5) most recent years.
- If No A&P, Must possess an FCC License with Elements 1 and 3 and Three (3) years Aviation maintenance experience, Three (3) years rotary wing aircraft experience and two (2) years on the assigned AH-64 Mission Design Series (MDS).
- If no FCC License, discuss with Recruiter your willingness to obtain.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Valid US Passport Required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Security Clearance (NAC-I T1) Public Trust. Interim NACI approval required for deployment.
- TESA Approval: (German Govt) Must be able to qualify for TESA approval; with 5 years career total Aviation maintenance experience.
- Travel: As required in support of task order.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.