Aircraft Mechanic (Avionics) Rotary Wing a Plus
Work Where it Matters
Akima Logistics Services (ALS), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ALS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ALS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ALS delivers aviation logistics and supply chain services to the Department of Defense and federal civilian government.
As an ALS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ALS, LLC is looking to hire an Aircraft Mechanic with Avionics / Aircraft Electrician experience to join our team supporting one of our current customers. To join our outstanding team of professionals, apply today!
- ALS employs highly skilled and competent Aircraft Mechanics who possess the level of experience, knowledge, and qualifications in the areas of rotary wing and H-1 maintenance.
- Skillfully supervises and performs helicopter maintenance IAW all requirements of the Statement of Work (SOW).
- ALS Aircraft Mechanics must be able to perform the duties of a lead mechanic in their absence.
- Assign jobs, job control numbers either manually or through the MIS and start and completion times for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft.
- Ensures all maintenance actions are documented IAW Air Force TO's and correctly entered into the MIS.
- Coordinates specific aircraft configurations so that maintenance events occur according to flight schedule.
- Updates operational data during the course of daily operations.
- Immediately notifies maintenance personnel of any decisions to delay, divert, or cancel flights.
- Must be able to read, legibly write, speak and understand English.
- Minimum of six (6) years of aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must be a member of or willing to join local IAM union.
- Preferred experience with avionics and/or aircraft electrical system maintenance.
- Must of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess civilian or military training experience in aircraft maintenance.
- Must have valid Drivers License.
Pay Rate: $33.61 per hour, plus Health & Welfare fringe dollars as defined under the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Benefits: The benefits program offered will be as defined under the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paid Leave: Leave benefits offered will be as defined under the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran statu, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Not Applicable
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ALS00517